This sprint, we wanted a complete redesign of the housing for a more cohesive integration of the various subsystems, as well as to account for a more interactive activation. We also strengthened and fixed various parts in our other subsystems.
This sprint, we prioritized a cohesive future system over a functional demo of our Sprint 3 product. We focused more on a long-term ideal rather than a short-term fix-up.
Last sprint, we discovered that the way we had set up the wires in the housing were very accident-prone, and identified various other weak points in the system. We decided as a team to use this sprint to improve upon those weak spots and to do a full redesign of the housing for a more cohesive integrated system.
We knew that this came at a massive time cost, and knew we probably would not be able to have a fully integrated system by the end of the sprint. We were quite ambitious.
New Sprint 3 features included a complete housing redesign, the design of a marble run system activation, reactive LED system with perfect beat detection (no lag), a record needle tilt mechanism, and a spinning record.
We also made plans for final integration and assembly for the final partial sprint.
Biggest TECHNICAL Risk
With functional individual systems and plans for our full final integrated system, the biggest technical risk lay in fully integrating our product.